Daniel R. Longo, ScD
Director, Grant Generating Project
One Capitol Square, 6th floor, Suite 630
Phone: (804) 828-9652
- Work with the Family Medicine Chair on special projects and activities related to the department's research mission
- Work with family medicine residencies on developing scholarly projects
- Facilitate a team of well-established experts to advance in professional development
- Mentor and promote junior faculty
- Director of the Grant Generating Project
- Health care quality
- Patient safety
- Health and spirituality
- Health policy
- Primary care, with an emphasis on health communication from the patients’ perspectives
- Type 2 diabetes
- Sc.D., public health – Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Md.
- M.H.A., hospital administration – George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
- B.S., education – Villanova University, Villanova, Pa.
- Health Behavior Theory – National Cancer Institute’s Advanced Training Institute on Health Behavior Theory
- Professor and health services researcher, University of Missouri-Columbia Department of Family Medicine and the Missouri School of Journalism
- President, Hospital Research and Educational Trust
- Director of research, Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations