Stephen Rothemich, MD
Joint appointment: Massey Cancer Center
Nelson Family Medicine Clinic: (804) 828-5883
- Co-directs the Ambulatory Care Outcomes Research Network
- Member of the VCU Institutional Review Board
- Quality and outcomes in family practice
- Smoking-cessation counseling in primary care
- Integrating intensive smoking-cessation counseling from quit lines into the cessation activities that primary care practices provide to patients
Awards and recognition
- Received the four-year Generalist Physician Faculty Scholars award from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation in 1999
- M.D. – Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Va.
- M.S., research training – Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Va.
- B.S. – Lynchburg College, Lynchburg, Va.
- Residency, family medicine – Chesterfield Family Medicine Residency Program.
- Fellowship, family medicine faculty development – Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Va.
- Faculty member at the University of Kansas Medical Center
- Medical review with the Coordinating Center for AHRQ’s Evidence-based Practice Center Program from 2003-07