Mark Ryan, MD
Medical Director, i²crp Program
Hayes E. Willis Health Center: (804) 230-7777
West Hospital, 14-110
- BS - College of William and Mary, 1996
- MD - Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, 2000
Clinical Training Information
- 2000-2003; Family Medicine; Blackstone Family Practice Residency
- 2003 - American Board of Family Medicine
- 2013 - American Board of Family Medicine
My clinical interests focus on providing comprehensive primary medical care for marginalized or medically underserved communities, both in Virginia and in the Dominican Republic. I have taught medical students in clinic, and have taught as a member of the "Patient, Physician, and Society" curriculum in the new medical school curriculum. I am very interested in service learning, and interprofessional education and practice.
Service learning, interprofessional education, working with underserved patients and communities, international and global health.
Clinical teaching in the Department of Family Medicine, including Foundations of Clinical Medicine, M3 clerkship and M4 electives. Medical director of the International/Inner City/Rural Preceptorship (I2CRP) program.
Hayes E. Willis Health Center
4730 N. Southside Plaza
Richmond, VA 23224
- Standard Setting group; provided feedback to reassess the passing standard for the Maintenance of Certification for Family Physicians (MC-FP) examination, 2013
- Virginia Academy of Family Physicians President’s Award, 2013.
- Arnold P. Gold Foundation Leonard Tow Humanism in Medicine award for Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, 2010.
- Medical Society of Virginia Foundation’s Salute to Service Award for Service to the Profession, 2009.
- Virginia Academy of Family Physicians F. Elliott Oglesby, M.D. Volunteer of the Year Award, 2007.
- American Academy of Family Physicians Foundation Pfizer Teacher Development Award, 2007.
- American Academy of Family Physicians, member since 1996.
- Virginia Academy of Family Physicians, member since 1996, Board of Directors 2008-2011, Secretary 2011-2013.
- Medical Society of Virginia, member since 1996.
- The Society of Teachers of Family Medicine, member since 2008.
- National Physicians Alliance, member since 2009, Board of Directors 2011-present, Vice President for Communications 2012-present.