Lisa S. Anderson, M.P.H.
Director of Educational Programs
Department: Division of Epidemiology
Phone: (804) 628-2512
One Capitol Square, 8th Floor, Room 813
830 E. Main Street
Richmond, VA 23219
- BA - Mary Washington College, Fredericksburg, VA, 1984
- MPH - Virginia Commonwealth University, 1996
- Post-master's certificate, Medical Education, Virginia Commonwealth University
Learner-centered teaching approaches, implementation of service-learning into graduate curricula, health equity and health disparities, community outreach and engagement, impact of occupational noise on hearing loss.
- Public health ethics, student applied experience facilitation, reflective practice
- Outstanding Departmental Teacher Award, Department of Epidemiology and Community Health, 2010
- American Public Health Association
- Virginia Public Health Association
Keywords & Interest Areas
- Public health ethics
- Learner-centered approaches such as case-based learning, team-based learning, small group discussion
- e-portfolios for reflective practice
- On-line teaching approaches
- Anderson, LS, Royster, MO, Bailey N, Reed, K. Integrating service-learning into an MPH curriculum for future public health practitioners: Strengthening community-campus partnerships. Journal of Public Health Management and Practice, Jul-Aug;17(4):324-7.
- SW Masho, LS Anderson. Sexual assault in men: A population-based study of Virginia. Violence and Victims 24(1):98-110, 2009.
- LS Anderson, WT Beverly, LC Corey, LM Murrelle. The Mid-AtlanticTwin Registry. Twin Research 5(5): 449-455, 2002.
- T Adera, C Amir, L Anderson. Time Trends Analysis of Hearing Loss: An Alternative Approach to Evaluating Hearing Loss Prevention Programs. American Industrial Hygiene Association Journal 61:161-65, 2000.
- T Adera, C Amir, L Anderson. Use of Comparison Populations for Evaluating the Effectiveness of Hearing Loss Prevention Programs. American Industrial Hygiene Association Journal 61:11-15, 2000.
Books, Book Chapters, Monographs
- DB Wilson, LS Anderson. “Addressing Primary Prevention in Vulnerable Populations.” In Roux, G, Halstead, J (Eds.), Issues and Trends in Nursing: Essential Knowledge for Today and Tomorrow. Jones and Bartlett Publishers, 2009.
- LS Anderson, SW Masho. Women’s Health, Virginia, 2004: A Summary of Statistics and Indicators Vital to the Status of the Health of Women in Virginia. Virginia Department of Health, 2004.
- LS Anderson, SW Masho, M Getnet. An Examination of Virginia Hospital Discharges, 2003: Birth through Age 21, Including Trends from 1997-2003. Virginia Department of Health, 2005.