Alexis Donaldson, B.A., M.P.H.
Department: Division of Epidemiology
Bachelor of Arts in Social Work
Association between self-reported traumatic brain injury history and employment status: National health and nutrition examination survey 2011-2014
Awards Received/Special Achievements
- Selected as nominee for Susan E Kennedy Award & C. C. Clayton award
- Awarded the 2021 Christopher “Kim” Buttery Award for Public Health Graduate Students
- Served as an MPH ambassador for VCU as well as selected as the VCU MPH ambassador for ASPPH's This Is Public Health program
- I had great experiences in my internship and practicums where my suggestions and projects were implemented moving forward.
- I was able to assist with COVID-19 support efforts in my community through service learning hour as well as in one of my jobs which has been incredibly rewarding.
- My capstone is contributing to the existing literature of one of the populations I'm very passionate about supporting: traumatic brain injury.
Publications and Presentations
I submitted my project titled "Association between self-reported traumatic brain injury history and employment status: National health and nutrition examination survey 2011-2014" to the 2021 American Public Health Association conference and was accepted for a poster presentation; I served as a co-author on a manuscript we submitted in December titled "Identifying Factors Associated with Acute Hospital Discharge Dispositions in Patients with Moderate-to-Severe Traumatic Brain Injury".