VCU MPH Program Mission
To provide exceptional public health training; conduct cutting-edge, translational research; promote health equity and community wellness; and foster life-long inquiry and discovery that improve human health.
VCU MPH Program Vision
A cutting-edge public health program preparing students to meet the future challenges of advancing health and health equity across diverse communities
MPH Program Values
The MPH Program is governed by the following values.
- Achievement – commitment to ensuring distinction in learning, research and scholarly pursuits by training students to be competent public health practitioners who effectively contribute to promoting, preserving, and restoring health in the communities they serve.
- Collaboration – emphasis on fostering collegiality and cooperation to advance learning and inquiry through strong ties with diverse University researchers, state and local public health agencies, and private organizations.
- Innovation – dedication to cultivating interdisciplinary, translational research to bring novel and best practices to population-based settings.
- Service – a commitment to the application of learning and discovery to improve the human condition and support the public good, with an emphasis on understanding and working to meet the needs of underserved populations and a dedication to addressing inequities wherever they exist.
- Diversity – ensuring a climate of trust, honesty, and integrity in which all people are valued and differences are recognized as an asset, through the composition of the Program faculty and staff, a student body with varying backgrounds and interests, and sustained links with diverse University and community public health researchers and practitioners.
- Integrity – adherence to the highest standards of honesty, respect, and professional and scholarly ethics.