Judy S. Gary, M.Ed.
Assistant Director, Medical Education Co-Director, fmSTAT Scholars Track
Department: Family Medicine Medical Education Programs
Phone: (804) 828-5685
West Hospital, 14th Floor, North Wing, Room 14-103
1200 E. Broad Street
Richmond, VA 23298
My professional training is in education and counseling. Much of my work focuses on exposing medical students to the specialty of family medicine through a variety of experiences and activities that connect them with family physician teachers, mentors, and role models. I am particularly interested in program planning, educational design, and career development.
- MEd - University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, 1989
- BS - Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA, 1983
- Award of Merit, Virginia Academy of Family Physicians
- Staff Excellence Award, presented by the VCU School of Medicine Student Body, 2015 and 2019
- Society of Teachers of Family Medicine
Judy has been a medical educator in the VCU Department of Family Medicine and Population Health for over 30 years. She focuses on the teaching and development needs of students and faculty. She advises the family medicine interest group, recruits and develops faculty, serves as Assistant Director for Medical Education in the department and directs the fmSTAT program.