Openings in the Department and Division
To view all available job openings in our Department and Division, please visit the VCU Jobs website. Once there, click Search Jobs on the left side menu. On the Search page, choose “Family Medicine & Population Health” and “Epidemiology” under the Department scrolling menu.
- Department Chair - Family Medicine (faculty position)
- Open Rank Faculty - Epidemiology (faculty position)
- Clerkship Director - Family Medicine (faculty position)
- Post Doctoral Fellow - Epidemiology
- Research Assistant - Epidemiology (hourly position)
About the Department
The VCU Department of Family Medicine and Population Health exists to:
- IMPROVE the health and well-being of the people of Virginia and beyond
- ADVANCE the science of epidemiology, family medicine, and public health by means of innovative, interdisciplinary research
- EDUCATE ourselves, our patients, our learners, and other stakeholders
- PROVIDE high quality primary care, public health services, and lead their integration
- TRAIN the next generation of epidemiologists, family physicians, and public health professionals
About the Division
The Division has a dynamic team of faculty and staff with active research programs in behavioral/cancer epidemiology, maternal/child health, psychiatric epidemiology, genetic epidemiology, traumatic brain injury, and social disparities in health. The Division offers opportunities for research collaboration with policy makers and practitioners at local public health departments, state and federal levels.
About Virginia Commonwealth University
VCU is a major, urban research university with national and international rankings in sponsored research. Located in downtown Richmond, VCU enrolls nearly 31,000 students in 223 degree and certificate programs in the arts, sciences and humanties. Sixty-eight of the programs are unique in Virginia, many of them crossing the disciplines of VCU's 13 schools and one college. VCU Hospitals and Clinics and the health sciences schools of Virginia Commonwealth University comprise VCU Health, one of the nation's leading academic medical centers. For more, visit Virginia Commonwealth University online.
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action university providing access to education and employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, political affiliation, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or disability.
For Questions or Additional Information:
Carolyn Lee, Senior Human Resource Specialist
Phone: (804) 828‐9829