Openings in the Department, Division, and Center (VCU positions):
To view available job openings in our Department, Division of Epidemiology, and Center on Society and Health, please visit the VCU Jobs website. Once there, click Search Jobs on the left side menu. On the Search page, choose “Family Medicine & Population Health," “Epidemiology,” and "Center for Society and Health" under the Department scrolling menu.
- Open Rank Faculty - Epidemiology (faculty position)
- Director, Center on Society and Health - faculty position
Please note that VCU is transitioning to a new careers website, so some job openings are found on that site until the transition is complete.
- Research Assistant - hourly position
Openings for students through Federal Work Study (FWS):
- FWS Graduate Programs Assistant - This position is open to all VCU students with Federal Work Study who are either a Sophomore, Junior, or Senior with at least a 3.0 GPA. This position can be found on Handshake – search for Job #5372715 or search “FWS Graduate Programs Assistant” to find and apply.
Openings in Family Medicine (VCU Health - MCV Physicians positions):
To view all available job openings in Family Medicine through VCU Health - MCV Physicians, please visit the VCU Health - MCV Physicians careers website. In the Explore Opportunities box, choose Family Medicine as the speciality, and select All Locations.
- Family Medicine Physician - CMH: South Hill
- Family Medicine Physician - Tappahannock: Mount Clement
- Family Medicine Physician - Tappahannock: Warsaw
Openings in Family Medicine (VCU Health positions):
To view all available job openings in Family Medicine through VCU Health, please visit the VCU Health jobs website and search for Family Medicine.
About the Department
The VCU Department of Family Medicine and Population Health exists to:
- IMPROVE the health and well-being of the people of Virginia and beyond
- ADVANCE the science of epidemiology, family medicine, and public health by means of innovative, interdisciplinary research
- EDUCATE ourselves, our patients, our learners, and other stakeholders
- PROVIDE high quality primary care, public health services, and lead their integration
- TRAIN the next generation of epidemiologists, family physicians, and public health professionals
About the Division
The Division has a dynamic team of faculty and staff with active research programs in behavioral/cancer epidemiology, maternal/child health, psychiatric epidemiology, genetic epidemiology, traumatic brain injury, and social disparities in health. The Division offers opportunities for research collaboration with policy makers and practitioners at local public health departments, state and federal levels.
About Virginia Commonwealth University
VCU is a major, urban research university with national and international rankings in sponsored research. Located in downtown Richmond, VCU enrolls nearly 31,000 students in 223 degree and certificate programs in the arts, sciences and humanties. Sixty-eight of the programs are unique in Virginia, many of them crossing the disciplines of VCU's 13 schools and one college. VCU Hospitals and Clinics and the health sciences schools of Virginia Commonwealth University comprise VCU Health, one of the nation's leading academic medical centers. For more, visit Virginia Commonwealth University online.
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action university providing access to education and employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, political affiliation, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or disability.
For Questions or Additional Information:
Lauren Jackson, Human Resources Administrator
Phone: (804) 828‐9829