Openings in the Department, Division, and Center (VCU positions):
To view available job openings in our Department, Division of Epidemiology, and Center on Society and Health, please visit the VCU Careers website. Once there, under "Search for Professional Opportunities," type "Family Medicine" into the search bar and click the Search button.
- Program Director, VCU Health-CMH Rural and Underserved Family Medicine Residency - faculty position
- Core Faculty, VCU Health-CMH Rural and Underserved Family Medicine Residency - faculty position
- Vice Chair of Family Medicine Medical Education - faculty position
- Family Medicine Physician - Richmond: Hayes E. Willis Health Center
- Family Medicine Physician - Richmond: Downtown Family Medicine (in new Adult Outpatient Pavilion clinical location) - 2 positions
- Family Medicine Physician - Tappahannock: Mount Clement
- Family Medicine Physician - Tappahannock: Warsaw
- Postdoctoral Fellow - Division of Epidemiology
- Executive Assistant
- Fiscal Technician
- Senior Research Associate
- Lead User Experience Director - Center on Society and Health
- Research Assistant - Family Medicine Research team - hourly position
- Research Assistant - Division of Epidemiology - hourly position
Openings in Family Medicine (VCU Health staff positions):
To view all available job openings in Family Medicine through VCU Health, please visit the VCU Health jobs website and search for Family Medicine.
- Family Nurse Practitioner- Tappahannock: Mount Clement
- Family Nurse Practitioner - Richmond: Capitol Square Healthcare
(location information for Capitol Square Healthcare can be found here)
Check out the wonderful communities surrounding each VCU Health-MCV Physicians practice site here.
About the Department
The VCU Department of Family Medicine and Population Health exists to:
- IMPROVE the health and well-being of the people of Virginia and beyond
- ADVANCE the science of epidemiology, family medicine, and public health by means of innovative, interdisciplinary research
- EDUCATE ourselves, our patients, our learners, and other stakeholders
- PROVIDE high quality primary care, public health services, and lead their integration
- TRAIN the next generation of epidemiologists, family physicians, and public health professionals
About the Division
The Division has a dynamic team of faculty and staff with active research programs in behavioral/cancer epidemiology, maternal/child health, psychiatric epidemiology, genetic epidemiology, traumatic brain injury, and social disparities in health. The Division offers opportunities for research collaboration with policy makers and practitioners at local public health departments, state and federal levels.
About Virginia Commonwealth University
VCU is a major, urban research university with national and international rankings in sponsored research. Located in downtown Richmond, VCU enrolls nearly 31,000 students in 223 degree and certificate programs in the arts, sciences and humanties. Sixty-eight of the programs are unique in Virginia, many of them crossing the disciplines of VCU's 13 schools and one college. VCU Hospitals and Clinics and the health sciences schools of Virginia Commonwealth University comprise VCU Health, one of the nation's leading academic medical centers. For more, visit Virginia Commonwealth University online.
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action university providing access to education and employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, political affiliation, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or disability.
For Questions or Additional Information:
Denise Mitchell, Human Resources Business Partner